I have moved

Dear Reader
Thanks for stopping by and checking out my blog. I have moved on and my new blog is now called:

Please come and visit me there.
See you soon,

kristin

3.1.12

Mudgee and vineyards

I am sure there are many more vineyards to visit while in Mudgee but we were so late and managed to only visit two. We went to Burnbrae and Blacklea and bought a few reds and a rose. A yummy muscat liqueur from Burnbrae which I am drinking right now. We also packed the award winning virgin olive oil with basil from Blacklea vineyard which we took straight to our friends' BBQ on New Years Eve. For lunch we went to Eltons Brasserie, a place that sounded nice online but to be honest I expected a bit more given it's a brasserie. The food was okay, nothing fancy thought but rather the usual pub grub such as Caesar's salad, chicken salad and fish and chips. I think next time we go to Mudgee I have to do a bit more research on the culinary side.

Mudgee town centre.
























Having lunch at Eltons Brasserie.

























Caesar's salad, chicken salad and chicken nuggets with chippies.










The Burnbrae vineyard near Mudgee.












































































Taking a nap.
























Beautiful collectables at the Burnbrae cellar door.























Blacklea vineyard near Mudgee.





2 comments:

Cass @foodmyfriend said...

I ate at Eltons last time I was in Mudgee. The food was okay but the coffee, the coffee was terrible. Maybe I'm just a snobby city slicker?! I only have a few bottles of wine left from the case I bought last time too! Looks like you had an amazing time :)

Kristin said...

Same here, food was okay but the staff was a bit grumpy. Luckily we didn't have coffee there.