I have moved

Dear Reader
Thanks for stopping by and checking out my blog. I have moved on and my new blog is now called:

Please come and visit me there.
See you soon,

kristin

30.9.07

I am a proud "daring baker"!



When I was browsing other blogs I stumbled upon one with a very interesting logo on it. I investigated further and found out that there is a club for people like me who just love baking and like to share the joy and sometimes the frustrations that comes along with it. The "daring baker" club has now more than 100 members worldwide and each month we get a different challenge to bake. The September challenge was sticky buns out of a yeast dough with cinnamon, walnut and a golden syrup and brown sugar glaze. The yeast came out so marvelously, it was a real beauty! I made 12 of them, but very soon there were only these two left. Lucky me, otherwise I couldn't have taken a picture of them. Needless to say that those two are already eaten by now! Thank you daring bakers for this truly marvelous recipe. I love it!

23 comments:

slush said...

Great job on your first challenge! They disappeared quickly in my house too. Who doesnt love cinnamon rolls and sticky buns!?! Welcome to DB!

Anne said...

Congratulations on your first challenge! :)

Anonymous said...

They look great :)

Anonymous said...

Glad you could join "the club"! Well done!

Dolores said...

Congratulations and welcome Kristin. Your remaining buns are beautiful!

breadchick said...

Great job on your first challenge with us!! Welcome to the group!

Peabody said...

Welcome to the group.
Great job on your first challenge.

Unknown said...

Welcome to the DB!

Kristin said...

Thank you all for your warm welcome.
I already planned to make another batch today as I only got two of them. They were such a nice morning treat and the smell from the oven, mmh!

Belinda said...

Well, the remaining two look beautiful, Kristin! You did a great job, and if only two stuck around long enough to get photographed, I'd guess that they must have tasted just as good as they looked! :-)

Brilynn said...

Well done, I wish I had tried the sticky buns too!

Anne said...

well done on you first challenge! I'm glad you joine us :)

Deborah said...

Mine went fast as well. Well done on your first challenge!

Lis said...

Congrats on your first challenge, Kristin! Your sticky buns are gorgeous and I'm really happy they left you 2 to photograph! hehee

I hope you enjoyed yourself =)

Great job!
xoxo

Helene said...

They disappeared fast at our house too! Great job on your first challenge!

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

You are a proud daring baker with bun to prove it . . . two enough! Welcome.

marias23 said...

Nice job and great pix!

Annemarie said...

Oh dear - does that picture show how much weight you gained by eating those two buns? Congrats on the first challenge.

Anh said...

You should be so proud to be a wonderful baker! Lovely buns!

Aoife said...

Such a pretty picture -- I love the props you used. Welcome to the Daring Bakers!

Julie said...

Congratulations on your first challenge! Those bring a whole new meaning to "quarter pounders"!

Karen Baking Soda said...

Yes, challenges tend to disappear very fast in my house too.. Well done

Andrea said...

The cinnamon buns were gone very quickly in our house, too! Congrats on your first challenge, and welcome to the Daring Bakers!